- Our incredibly supportive families who always have the time to listen...and babysit
- Our best friends who seem to know just when to call and when to bring beer
- That we have our daughter who couldn't be more perfect, except sometimes (see number4)
- Time out corners (because she has issues listening)
- That we have each other, because I know I could not do everything I do without him
- For chocolate and ice cream, becuase sometimes it fixes everthing
- For great after Thanksgiving sales
Saturday, November 29, 2008
Monday, November 24, 2008
Thursday, November 20, 2008
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal."
I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.
I have a dream today.
I have a dream that one day every valley shall be exalted, every hill and mountain shall be made low, the rough places will be made plain, and the crooked places will be made straight, and the glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together.
This is our hope.
This will be the day when all of God's children will be able to sing with a new meaning, "My country, 'tis of thee, sweet land of liberty, of thee I sing. Land where my fathers died, land of the pilgrim's pride, from every mountainside, let freedom ring."
Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
August 28, 1963
Last night we elected the first African American President of the United States. We have finally become a nation that can accept any person in any position regardless of color. I am happy to know that my daughter, in the early years of her life, will experience this moment. I can only imagine the great things that will come in her future.