Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Aug's First Day at Pre-School

At some point in your child's short life, you realize they are starting to outgrow you. That day was today. August started pre-school.



Here is my baby girl on her first day of pre-school.  Of course she had to pose, she couldn't just smile on the porch.  She is such a little entertainer!

She has been talking about this for months...and I'm not joking...m-o-n-t-h-s.  We knew this day was coming.  It has been marked on the calendar for the last two weeks.  And still, it hit me like a ton of bricks this morning.  As I picked out her clothes for the day, I just knew that I had to put her in her favorite color...pink.  We posed for a picture on the front porch.  I think this is a tradition for most American families.  I'm okay, I tell myself, it's pre-school not kindergarten.  We drop Gentry off and meet Travis at the pre-school.  I unbuckle Aug from her carseat...I'm still okay...


When we got to the school, she ran inside.  I didn't even have time to focus my camera before I took this shot.  She was so excited to go!
And she's off.  We stroll inside...I'm still okay...it's just pre-school...not high school.  As we enter the school, her backpack is off and she is gone.  And I mean gone.  She is exploring all the other rooms, she is checking out the toys, she is even introducing herself to the other kids!  I spend a couple of minutes with the director and I go to say goodbye to Aug...and she doesn't even care that I'm leaving.  The look on her face said, "You're still here?"

And so we left.  And I lost it.  She needs me to drive her to school and fix her meals.  She is a social butterfly with no fears.  I'm not sure how she got that way.  It certainly wasn't from me.  She must get that from her daddy.  :)

No comments: