Thursday, February 5, 2009

Potty!

We bought August a potty chair. I am soooo sick of changing diapers. I know, I know...this is only the beginning. Yesterday she got used to the idea of her own potty chair. After she sat with her bare butt for a bit, I turned my back for a minute, she closed the lid and stood on it. I couldn't resist taking this picture. Maybe on her 16th birthday or when she brings her first boyfriend home I will dig out this picture!


Today when we got home I asked her if she had to potty. She kept saying "potty, potty," so I put her on it. Then she insisted on having a book. About 10 minutes later I tried to get her off but she kept saying "potty." Finally she stood up...and there it was! She went in the potty! We were so excited. We called daddy that minute...and Mimi the next.

Travis has gotten in this habit of reading to August while I fix supper. He brought home a Progressive Dairyman, which they have been reading. He reads the articles outloud to her and she just listens. She is going to be quite the heardswoman someday...hopes her daddy.



1 comment:

A said...

This is too funny! I love her obsession with books!