Sunday, May 3, 2009

Crying Kid

So after a very long 30 minutes, I finally got August to go to bed. She stayed with Dennis and Linda this weekend and they brought her back this evening. We brought everything inside and she DEMANDED to sit in her stroller. I asked if she wanted to put her pajamas on and she cried saying, "no jam on, no jam on!" OMG! That was a first. The only way I could get her out of the stroller safely was to tell her we were going on a walk...which we then had to do. She did not let me forget that I had told her that.

After our walk around the farm, the only way to get her inside was by telling her that we had to put our lilacs we had just picked in water. Then it was sooooo tragic when I asked her if she wanted a drink before bed. Crying again, "I wan milk!" OK, whatever. I figure she is just tired. The rest of the conversation gets worse.

Me: Do you want to go to bed, August?
Aug: No bed. I no bed. (Still crying.)
Me: Your teddy bear is in bed.
Aug: Bear in bed. U-stairs. (She says and points up.)

So we went up and she went to bed...without crying.

1 comment:

A said...

That is a great story! Poor August...actually..poor mom is more like it, huh?