Tuesday, July 7, 2009

He Does Know How to Fish!

Let me illustrate last night for you.

Travis: Do you care if I go fishing?
Me: No, not really.

He leaves. I put August to bed. I do some homework and fall asleep.

Front door slams.

Travis: Erin! Put some pants on and get your camera! I have something to show you!

I slowly put pants on. I'm tired. I suppose I was having a nice dream. I don't really remember. I was quite startled when he came in.

Travis: Look at these! I told you I could fish! (I have been teasing him about not being able to fish. He has been going a couple times a week and has not caught anything.)

So I take his picture.

Travis: Put this picture on your blog tomorrow. Could you get me one of your good knives?

One of his friends comes to the house. Travis had called a bunch of people he was so excited. Are you kidding me?!?!? I am in my pajamas. And you want me to help you? So I get the knife and sit on the kitchen floor by the back door. (Remember, I'm tired.) He comes to get the knife.

Travis: Can you get me a gallon bucket?
Me: You do not need a container that big! You did not catch that many fish!
Travis: Just get it, please.

This morning he showed me, these two fish and a smaller one filled the gallon bucket. Have I mentioned lately how much I love my life?

2 comments:

A said...

How exciting! You know how long it's been since Rylan and I have been fishing!?!? Holy cow!! Nice catches Travis!

Debbie said...

Awesome catch Travis! You made a believer out of me. I thought there were no fish in Champaign.