Tuesday, July 7, 2009

July 4th Weekend

We had a good Fourth of July despite the rain. We were going to see Derek race but it was canceled. Instead we got to spend time with family. August had fun playing with her cousins. I got to witness the difference between boys and girls. Simon picked up a toy gun and August had no idea what he was doing. She just looked at him like he was crazy. After supper we took the kids outside to let them litterally run off some steam. Then we had S'mores! It has been years since I had had S'mores. I forgot how good they were! August and I went to my Aunt Janet's to watch the fireworks. The first one scared her but after that she loved it. She is still talking about them and how they went "boom." She uses her hands to show the fireworks going up in the air when she says it.
Dennis and Linda with Tori's boys and August.
Kids: August, Perrin, Simon, Stephen, and Rolande.
August petting one of the horses at Dennis and Linda's.

The only time these two got along Saturday. They are just the right age that everything is "mine" and they don't want to share.

August trying to blow out her sparkler.

August and Alex watching the fireworks. August said they were "pretty" and "I yike it!"

1 comment:

A said...

Aww! I hate it that I missed you guys this weekend!! Crazy fair schedule and all..I didn't have time to even enjoy the 4th..let alone the fair. Hope to see you next week if we come up!