Saturday, November 5, 2011

The Older I Get...




The older I get I would much rather spend my evenings seeing this, August and Gentry holding hands as we take a walk on the farm.

This was taken a couple weeks ago. I remember I had had a rough day at work. I walked in the door and told the kids to put their shoes on. They eagerly headed out the door wondering where we were going.

To see the cows.

That is all it took. They headed in the direction that was most familiar to them.



This red Holstein was extra curious. August was extra helpful. Gentry was extra careful.

The older I get I would rather spend my evenings like this, watching them talk sweetly to the girls and trying to get them to eat feed from their palms.

The older I get I would rather share a bowl of ice cream and rock my kiddos before they go to bed.

If this is the meaning of life...I'm in.