Monday, April 6, 2009

Easter Bunny

These aren't really the best pictures, but I don't have the time to edit them. We had the Easter Bunny at my store on Sunday. I asked mom to bring August to see him. She sat on his lap for a few minutes. Then she stood about three feet away from him and just talked. She would stomp her feet, the Easter Bunny would stomp him. She would clap her hands, the Easter Bunny would clap his. It was too funny. She kept saying, "Hi Rabbit" and "beautiful."

Beautiful seemed to be the word of the weekend. Mom practiced my hair for Amy's wedding. August told me it was beautiful...even after I got home from work. Mom painted her toes, which she has told me at least three times, that they are beautiful. I put her hair up this morning....beautiful.

This weekend was also an exciting one for me. Travis was a little shorthanded at the farm so I got to help. Friday night I helped run cows to and from the parlor. I had quite a time with some of the cows. They just didn't want to go into their own stall. Then Travis walked in and they did exactly what he wanted. He must be some kind of "cow whisperer."

He was short handed again Saturday afternoon so I got to feed a baby calf. They have a room set up in one of the free stall barns for baby calves with a heat lamp, sink, and supplies. I was feeding the one calf and could hear foot steps behind me. When I turned around, three of what looked like the biggest cows had their heads poking over the fence into the room watching me. Travis said the cows are nosey like women in a hospital nursery. He says talking about who is going to bring a casserole to the new mom. Looking back at the situation, it really did look like they were peeking into a hospital nursery and gossiping about something.




1 comment:

A said...

What cute pictures!!