Saturday, April 11, 2009

Terrible 2's...Here We Come!

First of all, I can't believe I am about to say this. My baby is 2 years old! I can't believe it. It seems like yesterday... I could go on and on with things like: we brought her home, she took her first steps, etc. However, I'm still a little sappy, and probably will be every time she has another birthday. What a joy for a parent to be around for a little person's entire life. Emphasis on the "entire." She is so young and so grown up all at the same time. August was exhausted by the time everyone left. She did have a good time opening her presents and eating her cupcakes.


Does this look familiar? The first thing she opened was a pair of Nike Shocks from Donkey and Sheshell. (Just like my brother's, I'm told.) She HAD to put them on right then. She wore them all afternoon.

Donkey playing trains with August. She got so many great presents. She loves her new doll house and train set.


Birthday picture with Mommy and Daddy.


Savoring each bite of her chocolate cupcake. If you look very close, her eyes are even closed as she licks her fingers clean.


Today is my Grandma Jinny's birthday. Here, August is giving her a bunch of tulips. August refuses to call her Grandma Jinny. She just yells "Jinny!!!" when she sees her. August loves to play peek-a-boo with grandma. They say "pea-pie" to each other, instead of "peek-a-boo."

1 comment:

A said...

OHH! I hate it that we missed her birthday party!! I'll just have to take her to MY house sometime this weekend and she can eat cake there! :-P That is if Mimi Deb lets me!