Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Over Due Update...

I have been told on more than one occasion and by more than one person that I need to update my blog. I know. It's been a while. The thing is that I don't spend as much time on the computer "doing homework" like I used to do.

The good news is that I am D-O-N-E with school. I passed the test to get my Indiana license. I have to get certified in CPR and then I can officially apply. That means in about a month I will be an actual teacher!

The baby is doing well. I went to the doctor today. August has been going with me. She likes to hear the baby's heart. Today she told the nurse that it sounded like a monkey. She was also told she was a cutie and she said, "uh huh, I cutie." She insisted on taking her new Hello Kitty purse with her. Thankfully, it kept her entertained for the half hour that we waited.

And now on to Christmas pictures. This is all I have right now. I have not had my camera out as much as I would like.


Amy and Rylan got August Elefun. It is a cute game that will help August with her hand-eye coordination. The poor girl inherited my inability to see something and do it at the same time. Hopefully this will help her. She loves playing it. The night she opened it at their house, she made everyone play, including Rylan's sister.
August opening presents from Santa Clause. He brought her a veterinary kit. It is so cute. It has a little dog and cat and a kennel on the front to keep them in. It also came with all the regular doctor supplies. Travis said this is his favorite present. Now August can work on animals like daddy.
This is how she went through her stocking. She simply dumped everything on the floor and then started going through it. She wouldn't pull one thing out at a time.
August with her cousins on the Michels side. Youngest to oldest: Simon, Perrin, Stephen, and Rolande. August and Simon are about six months apart. They are too cute playing together. They even said please and thank you to each other.
At Dennis and Linda's for Christmas we played this game, I think it was called Rudolph. Each team had to take eight balloons, blow them up, and put them in the panty hose. Then one member had to put in on their head and say "Rudolph." This is Aug and the boys wearing their antlers.
Me with my Weiler cousins.
My brother and I with our Grandma Jinny.
When August and I got back from Olney snow was everywhere and Travis wanted to take her outside to play. Here they are trying to make snowballs to throw at me.
Then Travis wanted to take her sledding but we didn't have a sled. He took the lid off of a big storage container and drilled two holes in it. He tied some wire through the holes and then attached it to a long rope. He pulled August around the driveway. Her face was priceless as he pulled her through the snow. She just loved it and cried when we took her inside.
And finally....Travis and I have these hand-me-down chairs that are nearly as old as I am. About six months ago one of them started falling apart. It got to the point that the only way you could sit on it was if you pushed it up against the wall. I kept telling Travis that I was going to put it on the front lawn. I never did becuase I was worried that it would sit there for weeks before it was hauled away. The day I took out the Christmas tree I decided that I had had enough. I don't know how it got in the house but it was hell to get out of the house. It got stuck in the doorway with me outside! I'm sure it would have been a comical sight to see a pregnant woman push and pull and cuss this chair out the door. However, I feel much better with it gone.

No comments: