Monday, March 1, 2010

Oh Baby

Holy crap! This child will reside in my womb forever!

This weekend was a blast... I spent Wednesday night, all of Thursday and Friday, and then Saturday with contractions getting closer and closer together. We made the decision to go to the hospital about 5:30 Saturday evening. By 6:30 I was checked in and hooked up. Still, contractions got closer and closer together. The pain was increasing...just like it is supposed to do. I decided that I would ask for pain medication early on, since I didn't have any at all with August. I did not want a repeat. So here I am in lala land, high on life and feeling pretty good. I glance at the monitor and notice that I had a contraction that I didn't even feel. Cool! Hmmm...not so much. All labor stopped. Seriously!?! How about a walk around the labor and delivery unit? 45 minutes of that didn't help at all. They kept me until 7:00 Sunday morning. The doctor said I would probably go on Sunday sometime. As you can tell it is Monday morning and still NOTHING!

The good news is that this will only last until Friday. If the baby fails to make an entrance by then, I will be induced. One grandfather in particular hopes that I have the baby tomorrow. It will be his 51st b-day! Happy Birthday, Dad!

1 comment:

A said...

I swear this is the most stubborn little thing ever! I'm glad that you're feeling well though..hopefully you will have it soon so we can celebrate! How exciting that would be to have it tomorrow on Pa's bday!