Monday, April 18, 2011

The Very Hungry Caterpillar

I knew shortly after Gentry was born that "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" would have to be the theme for his first birthday.  In fact, it has really been the theme for his first year of life.  If you have read the book or even met Gentry you know what I am talking about.  Let me be more specific. 

*Gentry, at one year, is wearing the same size clothes that August wore when she was two. 
*He is only 8 pounds lighter than her. 
*Don't walk into the kitchen unless you are prepared to hand him something to eat. 
*He has to take a nap while I cook supper, otherwise it is tragic, on both parts.
*One of his nicknames is G-Unit.
*When I describe him to people I most often get, "oh so he is going to be a linebacker." Umm, yes.

His birthday was super fun.  He ate, of course, like I've never seen.  Most of the food we ate was from the book-strawberries, oranges, cheese, cake, sausage.  He did spit out the strawberry, though.

Nearly everytime we would look at him, he would stick his tongue out like this.

God-parents Derek and Sheshell.  Notice his kissy lips.

And here's the cake.  I had to actually hold the cupcake while we sang to keep him from...well...you can see the picture.  He only dropped a couple of pieces on the floor.

And here is August and Mimi.  Aug had some trouble with Gentry being the center of attention the whole day.  But it is still a good picture!
I can't believe my little boy is already a year old.  He has turned into such a little man!  His personality is exploding from every roll on his body.  I love him so much.  I can't wait to see what he becomes.

No comments: