Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Letter to August

I was going through some things on our book shelf this morning when I found a journal that I made for August when we found out I was pregnant. I had forgotten all about it. We started out writing things about our lives and our jobs. Our parents, Amy, and Derek all wrote something in it. We had hoped that August would be able to look at it when she grew up and really understand what it was like when she was little. Most of the entries are from before she was born. There are only a few after. I will have to start writing in it again. The image below is a letter that my dad wrote to August before she was born. I had forgotten about all the things that were going on that summer. I cried like a baby when I read it. I read the journal twice and there are huge tear stains on my shirt now.

Hopefully you can read what the letter says. Double click the letter to see it bigger. Remember the book is open to anyone. Let me know if you want to write something to her.

Enjoy.


1 comment:

Kathy said...

Oh Erin, I'm just catching up on your blog. I'm bawling like a baby too!

Thanks for including that. I hope your dad does tell August about my dad someday. I love to hear him tell the stories too!