Monday, September 12, 2011

Ten Years Ago

(I know this is a day late but I didn't want to impose on all the wedding photos and festivities.)

Ten years ago:

-I was a sophomore in high school.

-I was sitting in world history next to the window, next to last row, in front of my childhood best friend, Ashley Williams.

-I had no clue what was going on around me.

-I had never heard of the World Trade Centers before that day.

-I wondered what all the fuss was about. The teacher in the next class wouldn't let us watch TV. There was buzz about an act of terrorism but we couldn't find out anything more than that.

-America declared the war on terror.

-I was globally unaware.

Since that day:

-I got married.

-I had two kids.

-They have never known our country without war.

-I'm lucky they are too young to understand.

-I am still globally unaware because I can't stand to watch the news. It's depressing.

What's next:

-Dunno...



No comments: