Monday, April 5, 2010

Aug's 3rd Birthday Party

We had Aug's birthday party on Saturday. You can probably see that it was a Hello Kitty party. The girl loves pink and Hello Kitty! My favorite part is the tutu (or three-three as Dad was calling it) that mom made for her.

August pulled us in close for this picture!

As the tradition has gone, August has gotten a pair of shoes every year on her birthday. Her first birthday was cowgirl boots from Amy and Rylan. Her second birthday was Nike Shocks from Derek and Michelle. This year she got rubber boots from us and Derek and Michelle. Yep, she got two pair this year!

I love the banner that Mom made. You can see it in the background here.
I wonder what kind of cupcakes I can make for her next year. My kids will not hate me for not letting them have actual cakes on their birthday. They will love me for always making them cupcakes. (By the way, this is a long story.)
Derek mentioned that Michelle would like to make the birthday cake for one of my kids sometime. I told him very plainly that my kids don't have cakes for their birthdays they have cupcakes, that it is a tradition, and that if Michelle wanted she could decorate the cupcakes for Gentry's first birthday. (I already know what it will be!) Well, he tells me, Michelle doesn't know how to decorate cupcakes, she knows how to decorate cakes. Here comes Mom. She says that some day my kids will resent me for the things I won't let them do or have. Okay, I can live with that. They will still always have cupcakes on their birthdays. I'll pay for therapy later.
By the way Mom, we don't resent you for the things we couldn't do or have. Looking back, jelly shoes were not such a great idea and glitter hair is tacky. Thanks.


1 comment:

A said...

Oh I hate that we missed this wonderful celebration! Rylan and I..and probably mom..will be up in a few weekends to throw her another bday bash!! We promise!